Friday 1 August 2014

Minimalist Patchwork

Five of the best graphic geometric patchwork quilts

My mum owns a patchwork shop, Abigail Crafts. It's a beautiful, inspirational space. I find that even a few minutes in there will give me ideas for new projects. But when I see the bolts of fabrics lined up along the walls I don't immediately think of patchwork projects; in fact, I hardly do any patchwork at all.

Pinterest (wonderful place that it is) has shown me a whole new world of Patchwork, however, and I find that I am increasingly drawn to the very graphic, geometric prints like those on my board here. I was going to name this post 'Modern Patchwork' but, actually, some of these designs are from the 1930s and 1940s. Here is a run down of five beautiful quilts that I would love to own or make - please click the photos for sources.








What have you seen recently that has inspired you? Do you prefer simple monochrome pallets, or a busy feast of colour? 

No comments:

Post a Comment